If no assistance or inadequate assistance is received, any complaints must be submitted to:
- the managing body of the airport in the event of lack of or inadequate assistance on the land side
- the airline for booking/purchase issues and lack of assistance on the air side
If the PRM believes that the reply to the complaint is not consistent with the provisions of the Regulation, he/she may then submit a complaint to ENAC, using the online form.
It is possible to send a complaint to ENAC if the disruption occurred:
- at an Italian airport;
- on flights departing from an Italian airport (regardless of the nationality of the operating carrier);
- on flights arriving at an Italian airport if operated by an EU carrier.
Alternatively, complaints can be sent:
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- for flights departing from other EU states and for flights arriving in those states from non-EU countries, complaints can be sent to the corresponding responsible bodies. For the purposes of applying Reg. 1107/2006 Norway, Iceland and Switzerland are treated as equivalent to Member States.
ENAC is the authority responsible for the application of Regulation (EC) No 1107/2006 concerning the rights of disabled persons and persons with reduced mobility when travelling by air and can issue penalties against non-compliant parties.
The results of any investigations carried out by ENAC will be communicated to the passenger.
In the event of failure to provide the services relating to the protection granted by Regulation (EC) No 1107/2006, passengers may submit claims for compensation to the airlines and/or the managing bodies of the airports concerned.