ENAC PRM is a free application realized to ensure disabled persons, persons with reduced mobility and the elderly (PRM) practical information on air travel.
The European Union has established common rules at all EU airports to give PRMs opportunities for air travel comparable to those of other citizens, without any discrimination. To ensure the social inclusion, the special assistance needed by a PRM has to be provided without additional charge.
The work carried out by ENAC, Italian Civil Aviation Authority, in this regard is aimed at guaranteeing that the Italian air transport system provides a consistent service which is effective, efficient, transparent and of high quality.
ENAC has realized this free APP to give information on the correct procedures to request special assistance, and particularly:
- What is special assistance and who is it aimed at?
- Who are persons with reduced mobility (PRM)?
- When and from whom should assistance be requested?
- Who provides assistance at airports and during flights?
- What happens if assistance is not requested in advance?
- What should be done if assistance is lacking or inadequate?
The APP "ENAC PRM" has been realized in four languages (Italian, English, French and Spanish) and on can be downloaded through three popular mobile platforms: Apple, Android, Windows Phone.
- Category: Travel
- Apple: iOS 5.0 or greater
- Android: 2.1 or greater
- Windows: Windows Phone 7 e 8
- Languages: Italian, English, French and Spanish
- App for free
The APP "ENAC PRM" makes use of device local storage to avoid the need for data connectivity whilst travelling.
Page updated on 2 August 2013